Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My German Shepherd is on 10mg of Prednicare a day he was on

Customer Question

My German Shepherd is on 10mg of Prednicare a day he was on 50mg to start with but has developed a dirty looking red tongue and keeps chomping his mouth can this be one of the side effects. I am not getting any positive answers from my vet.
Yours
Very worried
Maz
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning Maz and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

It appears that Ace may be suffering from allergies since he is on this medication. The dirty tongue and chomping is not a side effect of this meidcation so there is something else going on, Maz. I know you are worried but the chomping could be a form of Distemper or other neurologic issues. It is best , Maz, to take Ace back to your vet for further diagnostics,. Neuroligic issues can be serious and finding the problem is key to helping Ace.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Thank you so much, Maz, for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help.

Have a wonderful day!