Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

I have a dachshund that has had demodex since a pup.

Customer Question

I have a dachshund bitch that has had demodex since a pup. She was very very I'll with a severe secondary infection when young and only just pulled through. In conjunction with my vet I tried endless treatments including aludex baths, advocate etc etc to no avail. I finally found absolution through an online forum and have very successfully used progeria duo for the last three years...so easy to administer and has kept the condition onderfully controlled. Ths drug has now been discontinued, my dog is all patchy again,trying aludex again and all hopeless. Is there an alternative to pro merits duo that may be as effective please?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 years ago.
I am sorry to hear about Olga's condition. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian, and will do my best to help.

Is Olga spayed?

I have searched for something called "progeria duo" and can't find it; is there another name?

Have you tried ivermectin?

This is an Info Request, to help me answer you.

Rebecca