Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

Hi been up all nite my dog is sick.been sick for 2hr now white

Hi been up all nite my dog is sick.been sick for 2hr now white and in garden think he is very hot too ,and seems week.. shitzau just flat out ..
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am sorry to learn Sammy is not feeling well. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has this been going on?
2- I am sorry what is white?
3- How much does he weigh?
4- Did he get into anything?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

going on for 2/4 hr now hwite thick stuff when sick, he is ajunky dog always has been from a pup about 12k weight ,as far as iknow he done nothing .was fine earlier today ???

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
1- Can you take a look at his gums and see if they are pink or pale?
2- Can you take his rectal temperature?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

his gums look on the pale side , hes seem very hot just still flat out in garden on cold floor ?? not moving much not got temp gauge here i would think its high still reaching only bits comming out now ?? been sick quite a lot ??? sorry cant help on temp ?

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Do you have an antacid like Pepcid AC (famotidine), Zantac (ranitidine), etc.?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i have got rantitidine here only150mg

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Stewart, there are many reasons for vomiting and lethargy in dogs. It will be difficult for me to determine the exact underlying cause without a hands on examination and some testing. But, common causes are: Dietary indiscretion, pancreatitis, ingestion of a foreign body, infections, etc. to name a few causes. In any case of vomiting the first thing to do is give the stomach time to rest. This is what you can do until he is seen by your veterinarian in the morning:

1- Do not give things like Pepto Bismol or imodium. Start him on Ranitidine 150mg 1/8th of a tablet every 12 hours.
2- No food or water for 8-12 hours. Need to give his gastrointestinal tract time to rest.
3- After 8-12 hours offer a small amount of water. Wait half hour, if no vomiting, offer small amount of rice (50%) and boiled boneless chicken or ground beef (50%) 4-6 times a day.
4- Follow up with your family veterinarian for a hands on examination.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter