Dr. Scarlett
Dr. Scarlett, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a practicing small animal veterinarian with 18 years experience.
13866827

Hi Susie my springer spaniel is 9 yrs she had blood in her

Customer Question

Hi Susie my springer spaniel is 9 yrs she had blood in her urine and keeps squating.
she gets a lille messy at her back end she has been on antibiotics twicw a day for a week put the promblem is still there even tho not as bad. what advice would you give
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Scarlett replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Scarlett :

Dr. Scarlett :

Can you tell me more about the diagnostics and antibiotics that Susie is taking? Did your vet do a urinalysis? Do you know the results? Was the urine cultured to see what bacteria were growing and then exposed to different antibiotic disks to see if there was a resistance? (This would be called a "culture & sensitivity"). Has she had urinary tract infections in the past? Were any x-rays taken to look for bladder stones?