Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

My dog just ate a bit of a jellyfish on the beach. He threw

My dog just ate a bit of a jellyfish on the beach. He threw up a few seconds later, had lots of water and had been trying to eat lots of grass. Should I go to vet or just monitor?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 9 years of experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you.

You can monitor for now. Give a dose of antacid such as Prilosec (20mg orally once daily) or Pepcid A/C 10mg twice daily. Try to limit the grass easting and feed a bland diet of boiled chicken breast and white rice in a 50/50 mixture until he seems normal again. Inspect the mouth for sores or ulcers. If he stops eating or continues vomiting then he may need treatment, but the treatment is mainly for irritation/sores, not anything life-threatening.

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Best of luck.