Dr. Barbara
Dr. Barbara, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years experience in veterinary medicine and surgery.
56364752

Can anyone tell me why my is so unreceptive to our dog

Customer Question

Can anyone tell me why my bitch is so unreceptive to our dog this is throughout her complete cycle. Not only is she unreceptive at all the time during her cycle but in fact can be quite aggresive if he dares show any interest. They are both ***** *****s and live together, playing quite happily thoughout the year, unless she is on heat. She is very different when on heat, quiet and moody especially with with any dog that dares shows an interest in her. She is nearly 3 years old and the male is 5 years old.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Barbara replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Barbara :

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm a licensed veterinarian and I'll be happy to help. I am so sorry for your dilemma, but this scenario happens pretty frequently when dogs live together! You may have to turn to AI (Artificial Insemination) to get puppies from these two. Your vet will be able to accommodate you..

Dr. Barbara :

If you have any more questions or concerns, please let me know!