Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Experience:  35 years of veterinary practice in small animal medicine
18324312

my dog is scared at night and i was wndering what i can give

my dog is scared at night and i was wndering what i can give him either calming tablets? or plug in difuser work for him he is 7 months old
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I'm Dr. Bob. I'm sorry to read of poor Ricky's night fears. You can safely give him Benedryl or Dramamine to calm him before going to bed. Give him Benedryl 1 mg per pound 1/2 hour before bedtime, or 2 mg of Dramamine 1/2 hour before bed. Both have sedative properties, and either of them should get him through the night, but you might first try one, then the other, to see which works best for him.
You can buy both of these medications over the counter without a prescription, and they are both available in generic form which would be considerably less expensive for you. If you should have any further questions, please let me know.
Kind regards, ***** *****