Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

My puppy just been hit in the head with a door by one of my

Customer Question

My puppy just been hit in the head with a door by one of my children and is now very quite should i see someone now ? He is a small toy breed jackchewa x
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 3 years ago.
Aloha! You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin
I'm sorry that your time-sensitive question wasn't answered in a timely manner. In most cases, we rely on our owners to determine if indications of brain damage are present - a change in mental status, mainly, such as confusion, blindness, and behavioral abnormalities. If so, an on-call/ER vet would administer mannitol intravenously in an attempt to control brain swelling.

Sam's being quiet may simply indicate fright and pain. Please give me an update on his condition. I understand that I'm late to the party. If you've already had Sam attended to please contact [email protected] to have your deposit refunded.