Dr. Bruce
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with 15 years experience
14018973

My dog ate a whole peach, what should i do?

Customer Question

Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 3 years ago.
Welcome. I'm Dr. Bruce and I've been a small animal veterinarian for over 13 years. Thank you for your question. In a situation like this, the biggest concern would be the peach pit potentially causing an obstruction issue. It may or may not be the perfect size to get stuck somewhere. There is no way to know if this is the case or not. If you could get them to vomit up the pit now, it would eliminate the possibility of a blockage. Here is a good link on how to induce vomiting.
http://www.petplace.com/dogs/how-to-induce-vomiting-emesis-in-dogs/page1.aspx
Inducing vomiting to bring something up is usually most effective in the first hour after ingestion. If the pit isn't brought up, then watching down the road for abdominal discomfort, vomiting or loss of appetite for over 24 hours would be possible indications of an issue that then needs to be addressed with your vet.