Sophie-Vet
Sophie-Vet, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinary surgeon working in companion animal practice.
27746029

how much would knee surgery on a ***** ***** cost

Category: Dog
Expert:  Sophie-Vet replied 3 years ago.
Sophie-Vet :

Hi there, my name is ***** ***** I am a registered veterinarian and I would like to try to help you.

Sophie-Vet :

Do you know which surgery your doggy needs? Is it for a patella, a cruciate ligament or for a keyhole exploration? Also where are you living, North, South or London. Sadly all makes a difference!

Sophie-Vet :

I will try and wait for you to come online.

Customer:

hi I think it is a cruciate ligament and we live in the south in basingstoke

Sophie-Vet :

Ok well I can certainly give you as rough idea. I think £800 is average. You should expect your dog to stay a night or two in hospital depending on recovery post op. This size dog can typically have a procedure called a lateral tie. It is less expensive than some of the procedures that a bigger dog may need.

Sophie-Vet :

I hope this is helpful. Let me know if there is anything else at all I can help you with.

Sophie-Vet :

All the best for the op, Sophie

Customer:

thank you