Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

my black lab has got a red abrasion to the side of 2 of his

my black lab has got a red abrasion to the side of 2 of his pads, I've bathed them in hibiscrub to keep them clean after walking on grass surface, is there anything else i can do besides?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has this been going on?
2- Is he licking the area?
3- What is the active ingredient in fucibet cream?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

he's been like it for 2 days now, he's only licking the pad on front paw. active ingredients in cream are antibiotic and betamethasone

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Lisa, you have been doing everything right. The only thing you need to do is stop him from licking, if he continues to lick he will delay healing. Pick up in your local pet store an ecollar (cone) to stop him from licking. Continue cleaning area with hibiscrub twice a day then apply the topical antibiotic/betamethasone. If no improvement within the next 2-3 days I would have you family veterinarian take a look at the lesion.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter