Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

I have a 9 month old cockapoo who just doesnt want to eat,

Customer Question

I have a 9 month old cockapoo who just doesn't want to eat, (never has) never eats more than would cover a saucer, and when he does eat he is sick, had a meal last night (Lilys Kitchen Organic cooked food + .25 of a cooked chicken breast) and 6 biscuits listed below;
This morning, half a cup of Royal Canin given as treats on his morning walk, then 2 tablespoon fulls of Lily's Kitchen organic puppy food + 5 Winalot Shapes and 4 Wagg biscuits (4cms long). 4 hours later and he has been sick twice and it has all come up.
He is lying down looking very sorry for himself.
Our vet just says 'he looks healthy' !!! what should I do ?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Even though Oskar is quite young, it could be that he has a case of GERD or Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease causing this digestive disturbance that happens so frequently. The best treatment is what your vet has prescribed but also add in Pepcid AC at 0.5 mg per pound every 8 hrs to decrease the acid production that is causing this. Since Oskar is so young, chances are that he will outgrow this but for now, try this treatment when he has episodes.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Thank you so much, Heather, for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. I hope Oskar feels better soon!

Have a wonderful day!