Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

Hello my dog has been passing a lot of white chalky stools

Customer Question

Hello my dog has been passing a lot of white chalky stools with some normal stool is this cause for concern.she is 14yrs old and fit and active.thankyou
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

This white chalky stool is usually due to a problem with the bile ducts and or digestive system. Even though Sadie is acting normal, something is going on within her digestive system and/or liver so it is important that you take Sadie to your vet for a complete exam with blood work. Considering Sadie's age, there may be something underlying that could be treated to give her a longer life.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, Dr. Loretta