Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

Our 3 month old puppy has blood round her weeing area but there

Customer Question

Our 3 month old puppy has blood round her weeing area but there does not appear to be any blood in the urine. She does not appear to be distressed by this or in anyway out of sorts. Will a visit to the vets on Monday be sufficient as our vets is now closed?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

It is not unusual for young puppies to develop "puppy vaginitis" which will cause a discharge from her vagina that appears with some blood. This is not serious and most often resolves on its own as Belle's immune system matures. If this were a UTI, she would be straining to urinate so this is not the problem.....

Certainly, if this does nto resolve within a few days, have your vet examine Belle but in most cases, this will resolve.

This LINK may help.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Dr Loretta. This is most helpful. From Charlotte (Age 10years)

You are very welcome, Charlotte...I know it is frightening when we love our babies so much!!

Thank you so much, Charlotte, for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. Give Belle a hug from me!

Have a wonderful day!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you and you.

Charlotte

Hugz being sent to Belle, Charlotte....

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here