Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

My 15 year old dog is struggling with arthritis. The vet has

Customer Question

My 15 year old dog is struggling with arthritis.
The vet has prescribed Metacam.
She has had Metacam on and off for years due to various illness.
A friend at the local pet store mentioned a cheaper alternative made in the UK called Petcam.
I have found this on the internet to purchase.
Is this the non-branded equivalent?
I wouldn't be asking, but the vet charges are getting quite expensive - everytime I visit to get another bottle, I have to pay a consultation fee.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 3 years ago.
Aloha! You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin
Yes, PetCam is a generic for Metacam manufactured in India. The online sites I've checked say that no prescription is needed. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish. I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely fashion. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.
Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it.

You may receive an inappropriate follow up from the site ostensibly from me. It wasn't and I apologize in advance should you receive it.

Please disregard the info request.