Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

My Staffordshire terrier, has been spayed, but last night

My Staffordshire bull terrier, has been spayed, but last night she couldn't hold her urine, and now this morning she has started passing blood when she urinates, please give advice
Dr. Joey :

Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 15 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.

Dr. Joey :

I assume that she was not spayed recently; if she was spayed within the past few days then this could be associated inflammation which may resolve in a few days. Just wanted to clarify that the two are not related.

Dr. Joey :

The most common cause of what you describe is that she may have a urinary tract infection (bacterial is most likely, although fungal infection is rarely possible). This is something easily diagnosed by your veterinarian but is going to require a trip to see your vet since the treatment is prescription medication.

Customer: No she had been spayed several years ago
Please keep me posted. I am always happy to answer followup questions. You can reply to this question at any time to submit a followup. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. If there’s anything else I can do, let me know – it’s been a pleasure working with you and I hope to assist you again soon!