Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

we have a 16 week old retriever puppy.Found out he has an over

Customer Question

we have a 16 week old retriever puppy.Found out he has an over bite which the vet said shouldent cause any problems.He also has ear mites which is being treated.Now he has flakey skin which is being treated.The main problem is the puppy play is fine but you can't stoke him he try's nipping you.The puppy just turns by barking and he screws his face up and gets aggressive try's to bite you.Its really aggressive and he means it.You can see the aggression in his face.This only lasts afew minutes but he just seems to turn for no reason
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Because this puppy has had so many problems, he is sensitive to being hurt so his natural reaction is to nip at someone that may try to hurt him. You will need to be firm with him by letting him know this is not appropriate behavior. Carry a coke can with pennies around with you...if he tries to nip, shake the can loudly and say a strong NO!!! Eventually, he will get the idea and will become a nice puppy that is thankful for such a good home.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Thank you so much for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help.

Have a wonderful day!