Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My lasso apso keeps having green stuff covering his eyes, however

My lasso apso keeps having green stuff covering his eyes, however much i wipe them with a damp tissues it still comes back. It doesnt seem to bother him but it looks awfull. What is ythe matter with his eyes?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has this been going on?
2- Is the consistency thick?
3- Any coughing or sneezing?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry got side tracked Oscar has had these bad eyes a couple of months with no coughing or wheezing

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Friend, the green color of the discharge suggest a bacterial infection. In addition, giving the length of time this has been going on he could have a condition called "dry eye (KCS)." This is when the eye is not producing enough tears and in response produces mucus.
I would strongly recommend a hands on examination with family veterinarian to perform a tear test. In addition, he may need topical antibiotics. In the meantime, pick up in your local pet store eyewash and clean the eyes with the wash and gauze 3-4 times a day, feel free to flush the eyes with the wash. On the day of the office visit with your vet do not clean or flush the eyes.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter