Dr. Andy
Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, Interests: Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pain Management
14008320

My vet last week suspected my dog had been stung in the mouth

Customer Question

My vet last week suspected my dog had been stung in the mouth by a wasp
and gave him an injection. He wouldn't let her in to have a good
Look but she thought his younger was swollen
He is shown mild signs again, would giving him some liquid piriton help?
He is. 2 n half year old shih tzu weighing approx 10 kilos
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 3 years ago.
Welcome! My name is***** am a UC Davis graduate, and currently, a Medical Director of a veterinary hospital.
I am sorry to hear about this concern.
Well, it is worth a try since we suspect it is an ongoing hypersensitivity reaction.
Piriton is a brand new for generic chlorpheniramine.
At about 10 kilos, you would need to give about 4mg. The maximum dose is 0.5mg per kilogram or 5mg.
Tablets are a bit easier, but if you have liquid, the goal is about 2 to 4 mg up to every 12 hours.
Good Luck!
Please remember to select the tab, REPLY TO EXPERT, if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer. Otherwise, select the RATE TO FINISH tab to provide a feedback rating, which I greatly appreciate so I am recognized by Justanswer for responding. My goal is to provide you the best answer possible.
Dr. Andy
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 3 years ago.
I hope everything is going okay. May I be of any further assistance? I was not sure if my answer was satisfactory.