Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

my dog 44kg just accidently took 500mg of paracetomal will

Customer Question

my dog 44kg just accidently took 500mg of paracetomal will he be okay?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How many pills did he take, one?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we were only planning to give him 250mg of paracetomal due to an ear infection ...which he is having antibiotic drops for, however, the other half of the pill (250mg) dropped on the floor and he ate that. He weighs about 44kgs and this happened about an hour and half ago. Amy

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Friend, 500mg of paracetamol for a 44kg dog will not be toxic. Based on his weight this comes out to a dose of 11mg/kg which is still within therapeutic range. He will be fine, no symptoms expected.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** sleep peacefully now.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
You're welcome.