Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

Hi i took my dog to the vet exactly a month ago yesterday because

Customer Question

Hi i took my dog to the vet exactly a month ago yesterday because he suddenly formed a lump on his left side under his jaw line they gave me antibiotocs and said if it doesnt go away come back, the swelling went away but a tiny lump was left and over the weekend just gone the lump has been getting bigger and bigger again. I took my dog to the vets yesterday they had a look and said they think it might be his glands or maybe an abcess and said if it is an abcess we will have to wait for a soft spot so we can drain it i have no antibiotics this time we are just waiting my concern is i have woken up this morning to find the lump has got bigger again twice the size of an egg now.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am sorry for the delay in response. If you would like to continue can you please answer a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- To make sure I got this right, the lump came back after he was off the antibiotics, correct?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.