Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

My 12 month old male, neutered, Staffie has been off his food

Customer Question

My 12 month old male, neutered, Staffie has been off his food today. He now seems to have developed small lumps around his back legs both on the inner and outer sides. He cannot settle to sleep and keeps jumping off the bed as though this is irritating him. He has behaved normally when out on his walks although I have kept him on the lead mainly. Should I be calling our emergency service?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is Dr. Peter I am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Any vomiting, diarrhea or coughing?
2- Can you describe the appearance of the lumps?
3- Did the lumps develop within the last 24 hours?
4- How much does he weigh?
5- Is he lethargic?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.