Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

My dog has what it appears to be hotspots they are small but

Customer Question

My dog has what it appears to be hotspots they are small but I hate to think they will escalate is the anything I can do to help her with out taking her to my vets as his away for next week then I'm away, I really need help just to know what shampoo or what we can do for her.
So far I've tried to cut the fur away from the spots looks like that has helped but now I'm finding new ones.
She is an Alaskan malamute I been told Its common in them dogs, I'm a horse trainer but this not something even I have come across.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is Dr. Peter I am a licensed veterinarian. I am sorry for the delay in response. If you would like to continue can you please answer a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Can you describe the appearance of the lesion?
2- Is she licking the area?
3- Is it localized in one area or spread all over the body? If localized, where is it located?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.