Ask a Dog Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 15 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.
Antifreeze is very toxic and can cause variable levels of kidney failure. I am reassured by your story that he seems to be better at this point, which is optimistic. But to do what is safest for him I do recommend you take him in to see his veterinarian today and have his kidney values checked.
It takes a very small amount to be toxic to a dog. That is what concerns me in this situation. It was obviously not overtly fatal, but even this small amount might have been enough to lead to some level of kidney damage. The sooner we catch this and try to mitigate the damage, the better.
Please let me know your questions.
Thank you for your help i will take him to the vet today, i just thought because it was only a lick that he would be fine
I truly hope all is okay. But it is better to be safe in this situation and get that assurance that all is well, especially at his age.
Please keep me posted. I am always happy to answer followup questions. You can reply to this question at any time to submit a followup. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. If there’s anything else I can do, let me know – it’s been a pleasure working with you and I hope to assist you again soon! Kindly submit a rating as you exit our chat.