Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My dog is shaking his head and crying what can I do

Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has this been going on?
2- How old is your dog?
3- Can you look inside the ear canal for evidence of an infection (redness, bad odor, discharge, etc.)?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
15mins 8mnts old can't see any thing
Ld
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
1- Is he pawing at his mouth or ears?
2- Can you open his mouth and make sure there is nothing stuck under the tongue, gums or teeth?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Keeps shaking his head and crying !
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Can you please answer the questions below:

1- Is he pawing at his mouth or ears?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Just shaking his head nothing stuck under his tongue or teeth or gums
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
1- Can you examine his head and see if you find any swelling or area that could be uncomfortable?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No swelling very quite looks sad shaking his head
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Friend, it is very possible for him to have something bothering him inside the ear canal that you are not seeing. It could be wax, debris, etc. I would recommend you clean both ear canal. This is what you can do:

1- Pick up over the counter in your local pet store ear cleaning solution. If you do not have access to a pet store tonight use plain warm water (not hot). Feel free to pour the water into the canal then stuff his ears with cotton to clean out the ear canal and remove all of the water.
2- If he continues shaking his head after cleaning his ears he will need to be seen by family veterinarian for a hands on examination.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter