Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

I have an 8 year old border collie, I recently found a small

Customer Question

I have an 8 year old border collie, I recently found a small lump on the back of his front right leg. It's really hard and feels leathery [almost like his pads], it doesn't seem to bother him, it's not causing him to work with a limp, he's not trying to get at it at even when I touch it. He hasn't displayed any other symptoms ie he's not tired, he's eating properly, his bowel movements are normal. However I am concerned because it shouldn't be there.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is Dr. Peter I am a licensed veterinarian. I am sorry for the delay in response. If you would like to continue can you please answer a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Is the lump above the skin?
2- How long has he had it?
3- Is it firmly attach to the underlying tissue?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.