Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

My daughter has been left with a £4000+vet bill and a dead

Customer Question

My daughter has been left with a £4000+vet bill and a dead rescue dog because the one they sent her had Distemper and was very sick in the 2wks she had him, he was in the vets for most of that time.Can she claim?

Category: Dog
Did they tell her that the dog was in good health?

Did she source the dog in this country?

Are you asking if she can claim against the rescue centre?

Was there any sign of illness when she collected the dog?

Can you explain your situation as much as possible please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1 and 2. Yes. She paid for a vet to check him over she was told he was in perfect health then they shipped him over but when she collected him he was under fed, shaking, had the runs and had" green goo " coming out his eyes". 3 Can she claim? 4 Yes so she made an appointment at the vet. 5.There are loads of itemised meds which adds up to almost £4000.

Is she hoping to claim from a rescue?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That was the only question we was asking. U asked all the other ones to help u answer. As I was just asking a question for my daughter and do not have a dog I do not wish to enter into any every month thing. I was willing to ask one question and pay £13 but it seems it is taking forever and now going round in circles.

As I am only being asked for more and more information and not getting an answer to the question that I asked I will cut my losses and pay the £!3

Ok. Good luck.