Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

hi ,, have a griffon bruxellois which i took to my vets yesterday-vomitting

Customer Question

hi ,, have a griffon bruxellois which i took to my vets yesterday-vomitting and the runs 48 hrs. given anti sickness injection and probiotic paste. 36 hrs later still the runs , and now refusing biscuit food, including favourite 'frolic' treats. worried he couldnt swallow so checked his neck - he has two small lumps underside of jaw , 1 each side at the back .. should they be there? no emergency service at local vet and wont be able to sleep.thanks , jane
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am sorry to learn Louis is not feeling well. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Did your vet do any testing like blood work or xrays?
2- Are the lumps on the neck immediately below the jaw?
3- Besides the probiotic paste is he currently on any other medications?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no - only unwell for 36 hrs before i took him.

yes - chick pea size , under jaw a little in front of ears.

had an anti sickness jab yesterday morning , and four doses of paste .

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Jane, what you are feeling below the jaw line are either the mandibular lymph nodes or salivary glands; this is normal. If they are the size of a chick pea, this is normal.
If he is not doing better I would recommend a recheck exam with family veterinarian and consider doing some testing (fecal analysis, blood work and +/-xrays). You see, there are many possible causes for vomiting, diarrhea and anorexia. Possible causes are: Infections, ingestion of a foreign body or even part of a systemic disease. In the meantime, change his diet to rice (50%) and boiled boneless chicken (50%) until the stool is back to normal. Additional treatment will be based on test results done by your family veterinarian.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ty - my boys already get chicken , rice and oats,- best for them. was really worried but can sleep tonight. will be going for a follow up as not much improvement so far.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Fair enough.

You're welcome.