Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic dogs, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

My ***** ***** vomited 6 times and the last time it was bright

My ***** ***** vomited 6 times and the last time it was bright red. Last night she also was nauseous throughout the night. But today she was back to being fine and her old active self. Now she is again nauseous. I found bits of chewed up wood on the floor. Should I take her to emergency now or wait and see how she does tomorrow?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 3 years ago.
Hello!
Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.
I'm sorry that Marcus is experiencing this problem. Any time vomiting occurs that includes any amount of bright red blood the emergency center must be contacted immediately. This means there is bleeding occurring in the stomach and esophagus that can possibly lead to a tear in the esophagus or stomach that can end up being fatal. It is very important that you seek emergency care immediately. I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions.
Dr. Dan