Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My dog has chewed a container of Surolan ear drops she seems

Customer Question

My dog has chewed a container of Surolan ear drops she seems fine and the container was half empty - not sure if she ingested it is it poisonous and do I need to take her to a vet
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 3 years ago.
Scott Nimmo :

My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon, I will be very pleased to work with you today and will try my best to answer your question to your satisfaction.

Scott Nimmo :

I have prescribed surolan a great many times in my life and from time to time dogs ingested it. I can tell you that there is nothing in this product which will be toxic to your dog.

Scott Nimmo :

You may perhaps see a mild transient gastro-enteritis but probably not even that ...

Scott Nimmo :

There is nothing you need do in this sort of situation, your dog should be fine

Scott Nimmo :

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Scott

Hello again,

Just a short note to thank you very much for the good rating, this is very much appreciated. I will get back in touch with you in a couple of days to check on Anaya's progress, and I should also be about for the next couple of hours so please get straight back to me if things change and you want to talk things over further.

If I can ever help you further then please contact me again via my profile LINK

Kindest regards,

Scott

Scott Nimmo The Online Vet