Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683
Dog

Just come in and found wrapper for 2 solpadol tablet crewed

up, am assuming my *****... Show More
up, am assuming my ***** ***** has eaten them, what should I do
Category: Dog
Show Less
replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How much does Patch weigh?
2- How many milligrams of paracetamol and codeine in each tablet?
3- Did she swallow them or only chewed it up?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.
1 8.3kg
2 30mg codeine, 500mg paracetamol,
3 don,t no the 2 packets are empty and we're chewed up on the floor in bits, as she eats anything she can get hold of, I am assuming she has eaten them
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 3 years ago.
1- Each tablet contained 30mg of codeine and 500mg of paracetamol, correct?
2- How long has it been since she took the tablets?
3- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.
1 yes
2 I went out at 6:45 & got back at 8:30, she got hold of the pack sometime in this period
3 I do have some but at 9%
1- We are in different time zones so giving me time does not help; how many hours since she may have taken the pills?
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.
At most 1.5 hours
Nicola, let's move quickly and try to induce vomiting. You will need to dilute the peroxide. Mix in 1/4 teaspoon of 9% hydrogen peroxide in 1 teaspoon of water and give her this mixture orally. Allow her to walk for a minute; if she does not vomit repeat it again; can give a total of 3 times 5-10 minutes apart.

Please let me know if she vomits, I will be here on stand bye for the next 30 minutes.

Dr. Peter