Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

have bichon very dark around got fear of angle glow someone

Customer Question

have bichon very dark around got fear of angle glow someone brought some for me but i worry have read about contact lens sou lion but not sure can you help
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 years ago.
Aloha! You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. I'm having difficulty understanding your post. I believe that you're concerned about staining that has appeared around Miele's eyes due to the discharge from those eyes. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Most veterinarians don't recommend using products designed to bleach away the staining; instead, we look for the cause of the discharge and address it. If we can correct why the discharge is appearing and staining Miele's hair, you won't need to use any product at all. Common causes of the discharge include an allergic conjunctivitis, a dacryocystitis (infection of the tear apparatus) and anatomical disorders such as misplaced eyelashes and cilia which mechanically irritate the cornea (distichiasis, trichiasis), and malformed eyelids (entropion, ectropion).
A careful examination of Miele's eyes should find the underlying cause although referral to a specialist veterinary ophthalmologist may be suggested because such a specialist has the equipment to examine the eyes more thoroughly. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.
Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it.
I'm going to check back with you in a week for an update. Feel free to return to our conversation - even after rating - prior to my contacting you if you wish.
Please disregard the info request.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

where can find someone deals with eyes she under RSPCA

Your regular vets at the RSPCA can refer you to such a specialist if he/she isn't comfortable examining Miele. There's a good chance that Miele won't need to see a specialist veterinary ophthalmologist.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

should i ask if they have vet that deals with eye mainly

Certainly. In my experience, however, they refer owners to outside specialists who have agreed to work with the RSPCA. Here's an example: http://optimistworld.com/Blind-dodger-dog-RSPCA-rescue-cataract/
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

did take miele to vet different this time, in the clinic who said when she put dye in no starches lashes looked ok, not eye expert. gave her pred forte drops

annette hull

Thank you for the update. How are the Pred Forte drops working?