Dr. Christian K.
Dr. Christian K., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of veterinary experience in canine surgery, medicine and behavior
15186300

10 year old lab has been vomiting for 4 days, nose cold and

10 year old lab has been vomiting for 4 days, nose cold and wet still has appetite and still active
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Christian K. replied 3 years ago.
This is Dr. Christian. I'd like to help but I have a few questions.
Is his belly bloated or tender?
Has he had any diarrhea?
Is he vomiting all his food back up?
Are his gums a normal pink color?
Is he able to keep water down?
How long has he been on metacam?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
<his belly is slightly bloated not tender no diarreah He gets fed twice once morning and then evening he seems to keep morning feed down or if he's sick it's late afternoon so there's a few hours after feed before he's sick.His gums are pink and keeps water down been on Metacalm for about 3yrs
Thank you for answering those questions. At his age and with the vomiting occurring for this length of time there is definitely a concern on my part. While he may seem fine other than the vomiting right now, I'm concerned that things may worsen if things aren't diagnosed and treated. At his age there are numerous causes of vomiting that include infection, liver disease, kidney disease and even cancer. It's also very possible he has a severely upset stomach. Unfortunately, without a physical exam by a veterinarian and possibly some tests, there is no way to know. It's definitely best to have him seen by a veterinarian as soon as you possibly can. Make sure he continues to drink plenty of fluids and you can also try bland foods like boiled chicken breast and white rice. If you have more questions please reply back.