Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

hi my dog has fleas. ive frontlined her two days ago but can

hi my dog has fleas. ive frontlined her two days ago but can still see some on her. shes very restless and cant settle. what can I do?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Has she develop any sores in her skin?
2- How much does she weigh?
3- Any pre existing medical conditions?
4- Besides Frontline, is she on any medications?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no sores that I can see. weight about 8.5, no other medical conditions, or anything else. shes scratching a lot, and just cant settle. I have used flea comb and get quite a number of fleas on that.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Alexandra, when we see fleas despite being on Frontline it is not that the frontline is not working but very likely she is picking up fleas from the environment. This is what you can do:

1- Continue using Frontline once a month.
2- Start her on Capstar pills once a day every other day for 2 weeks. You can buy this online, vet's office or pet store.
3- Treat the home with Fleabusters powder or any product that has Sodium Polyborate.
4- For tonight, you can bath her with Palmolive Dish washing soap. This will kill the fleas on her for tonight. But, need to continue with the above recommendations to eliminate the problem for good.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter