Ask a Dog Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
Hello, and thanks for writing in.
Are you still wanting help with your Boston Terrier?
I apologize about not seeing your response. I waited about 30 minutes, but then had some appointments to see. Please let me know if I can assist you.
Ok, I'm back online now after my appointments are finished. I would not recommend letting her go through another heat cycle (season) before spaying her, since there are health problems that are more likely to occur if you let her go through another heat cycle prior to spaying.
Some health related issues would include the possibility of a uterus infection (pyometra), which can be very serious or even fatal. Another issue is an increased chance of mammary (breast) cancer (the chance actually increases even more if she goes through another heat cycle, and is then spayed).
I have also tended to see female dogs become less anxious or hyper after they are spayed. Having said this, there is always a chance that her anxiety/nervousness may persist, whether she is spayed or not, but I would not forgo spaying her with the hopes that waiting will calm her down.
You can read a couple good articles that discuss pros and cons of spaying HERE and HERE.
Please let me know if you have additional questions, or if I can assist you further.