Dr. Bruce
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with 15 years experience
14018973

there seems to be case of sneezing in dogs where I walk on

there seems to be case of sneezing in dogs where I walk on common land, the dogs all seem healthy eating, stools fine and dogs are happy in themselves - will this be a case of monitoring and hopefully pass in a few days. I have several dogs and one or two seem to be showing signs of sneezing more frequently than normal, but otherwise healthy?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 2 years ago.
Welcome. I'm Dr. Bruce and I've been a small animal veterinarian for over 13 years. Thank you for your question. I'm sorry to hear about this sneezing going on. I would say just pure sneezing and no other issues wouldn't be a huge thing to rush to your vet for. The things that I look for to indicate that it is something more of an issue that would need veterinary care for are : Nasal discharge that is thick or bloody, pawing at the nasal region, swelling or deformity of the nasal region, decreased activity or decreased eating/ drinking. There is a good chance that the sneezing is due to an inhaled irritant - pollen or dust - in the area where they are being walked. Could there be a very mild upper respiratory virus as the cause of this? It is possible and for the most part an otherwise healthy dog with a good immune system can fight them off pretty well.