Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

Hi, my cocker spaniel dog who is 4yrs old was sick this morning.

Hi, my cocker spaniel dog who is 4yrs old was sick this morning. I have taken a picture as I'm very concerned that it maybe worms. It was like he had eaten spaghetti or a roll of string, yellow in colour and was layers of them. What could this be please?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Is he lethargic?
2- Any other symptoms?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Peter,
Thank you for your email.
No his not really lethargic , he has been playing in the garden, now his sleeping, but nothing out of the ordinary. His stools are exactly the same too.
His drinking and eating fine also.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Bianca, what you are describing is consistent with Roundworms. I would recommend you try a different dewormer than drontal. Pick up in your local pet store, online or vet's office a dewormer called Panacur (fenbendazole), give it once a day for 3 days, repeat after 3 weeks.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Peter, that's been a great help. One last thing can it be passed onto humans?
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Not through physical contact, humans can get roundworms if they ingest feces with the parasite; otherwise not a concern. Always wash hands if you pick up his stool.

You're welcome.

Dr. Peter