Dr. Bruce
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with 15 years experience
14018973

We have a ***** ***** dog that is 17yrs old. He is now in

We have a ***** ***** dog that is 17yrs old. He is now in the care of Lostwithial vets on a drip. We know that the end is very near for him and we have decided to have him cremated. The question is, doe's the veterinary deal with the whole procedure and if so can you supply me with the details and prices of a cremation. Thank you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 3 years ago.
Welcome. I'm Dr. Bruce and I've been a small animal veterinarian for over 13 years. I'm sorry it took a bit of time to get to your question and I'm even more sorry to hear about how Wilfred is doing. It is never easy to make the decision to let a pet go, but when that decision is made you know you are making that choice for your loved one. As far as the cremation, this is something that honestly is done by some veterinary clinics on site. They have the facility / crematorium at their location to do the entire cremation process. If they don't have one on site, they have contracted out the cremations to another company that will do it. As far as prices of the cremation, based on my own clinic, these will vary depending on the size of the pet and if an owner wants the ashes returned. This is something that only can be known by the clinic where he is at. I don't have access to the specific prices that they charge. When you talk to them, you can get the exact prices of the services that will fit what you want.
I am again very sorry for what you and Wilfred are going through at this time. I wish you the most strength.