Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

my in heat got caught last with male dog.anything the

Customer Question

my bitch in heat got caught last with male dog.anything the vet can give her to stop pregnancy
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 years ago.
Rebecca :

Rebecca :

I am sorry to hear what happened to your bitch.

Rebecca :

My name is***** am a veterinarian, and will do my best to help

Rebecca :

There are "mismating" injections that your vet can give. It is not guaranteed to work, nothing is 100%, but a shot of estrogen, or "ECP" in the first 24 hours may abort a pregnancy.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 years ago.
Sorry, I was still answering!
It has side effects: possible prolonging of this heat period, increased risk of breast cancer (this shot really should be done only once), or her next heat being delayed.
There is another medication, Lutalyse. You can wait to see if she is pregnant, at 28 days from now, and if she is an injection of Lytalyse should abort the pregnancy (again, not 100%).
Let me know if you have any more questions, and thank you for the positive rating.
Rebecca