Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

Hi my dog was involved in an accident yesterday we took him

Customer Question

Hi my dog was involved in an accident yesterday we took him to an emergency vet last night and he was x-rayed and medicated and we were told take him to vet today. We can't get an appointment till Monday and really can't afford another 300 for emergency appointment we would if we could we are going to try other vets tomorrow but is there anything that we can give him for the pain as his injections have worn off
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 9 years of experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you.

How much does he weigh? Do you have access to Tramadol (a human drug) from something your human doctor may have prescribed? What did they diagnose him with- a fracture, or just soft tissue and muscle trauma?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He is about 1 1/2 st. They x-rayed down to his paw but didn't do his paw as the skin was scrapped off to the bone in some places so they bandaged it and said get appointment today. I may be able to get tramadol as I think mother in law prescribed it.

Okay. What is 1 and 1/2 st? I only understand lbs or kgs. (I am in the US.) Is he on antibiotics at all?