Dr. Susan
Dr. Susan, Veterinarian
Experience:  8 years of clinical experience with specialty in veterinary pain management, urology, and geriatrics
25524280

Hello, I was wondering if you me at all? I have a greyhound

Customer Question

Hello, I was wondering if you me at all? I have a greyhound who is approximately 10 years old, we began to notice last night that he wasn't himself. All day he has been pantic a lot more than usual and he seems to have a rapid heart rate. He is very unsteady on his back end and legs and they are also shaking, he is finding it difficult to stand and then once he is stood he finds it difficult to lie again. He has hot ears and a hot nose although his nose is still wet. It is like he doesn't know what to with himself. Thank you
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Susan :

Hi, I can help you with your question today.

Dr. Susan :

The signs you are seeing fairly non-specific.

Dr. Susan :

However, I'm concerned because he definitely sounds painful.

Dr. Susan :

I don't know if the pain is in relation to joint problems or perhaps a GI upset.

Dr. Susan :

From what you describe though, I really do recommend having him evaluated by a local vet as soon as possible.

Dr. Susan :

I would start with a physical exam, then possibly blood work or x-ray of any regions that appear to be painful on palpation.

Dr. Susan :

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.