Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

My recently rescued 11 year old terrier cross was speyed and

Customer Question

My recently rescued 11 year old terrier cross was speyed and had a hernia (which I understand compromised her bladder) repair approx eight weeks ago. She was also treated with antibiotics for a UTI. She was overbred for the first five years of her life. Blood tests have revealed she is hypothyroid for which she is taking medication. Post operatively she has lost 2kg and is still bleeding pv and still squatting and straining to pass urine every few yards. I had hoped these symptoms would have resolved. However, I understand she has not been seen by a vet for the past five years so these may be longstanding. Can you suggest anything homeopathically that might alleviate her apparently irritated bladder. I am beginning to despair that nothing is helping her, please help. Debbie
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 9 years of experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you.

Here is a homeopathic supplement that should help:
http://www.amazon.com/PalaTech-Cranberry-Plus-Chewable-Tablets/dp/B0031TU3WC
It should be available (or similar cranberry tabs for dogs) at your local pet store, so you can try checking locally first. If this does not work within a week or so, I would see your vet for a urinalysis. Since she is older, I recommend an ultrasound if this keeps reocurring, because it could be a sign of bladder stones or a bladder mass.

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Best of luck.