Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

my dog has very red lower gum/lips

my dog has very red lower gum/lips
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 9 years of experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you.

Is this a recent change, or has it always been this way? Can you take a photo and attach it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we have just taken these photos and it actually looks like its getting worse, hes probably had it for 2-3 months

How old is your dog? Any changes in food in the past six months? What are your food and water dishes made of?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

he is 10 years old he is a french bull dog we havn`t changed any of his food although we did change his feed bowl it is some kind of pottery,his water bowl is tin

I recommend soaking a clean washcloth in Listerine, and using it to wipe all the red areas once a day. I would switch to metal food and water bowls, and wash them daily in hot water. If there is not a dramatic improvement in two weeks time, you will need to see a veterinarian for a possible biopsy or possible antibiotics.
I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Best of luck.