Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My dog has had kennel cough medication has just finished but

Customer Question

My dog has had kennel cough medication has just finished but still has a very slight cough will he need to back to the vet for more?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 2 years ago.
Scott Nimmo :

My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon, I will be very pleased to work with you today and will try my best to answer your question to your satisfaction.

Scott Nimmo :

How long has your dog had kennel cough for?

Scott Nimmo :

Hi I would imagine your dog has had kennel cough for perhaps a week or so because that would be the length of time for the normal course of drugs used to treat this disease. Normally a further course of drugs is not necessary since kennel cough is a mild and self limiting disease which will normally resolve on it's own in 10 days to two weeks whatever happens.

Scott Nimmo :

However if it does not continue to resolve over the next few days or if things get worse then perhaps you should see your vet for a further course of drugs.

Scott Nimmo :

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Scott

Hello again,

I am just checking in to see how your dog is getting on today?

Regards,

Scott