How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Peter Your Own Question
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 30897
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Dr. Peter is online now

I have a Cavapoo puppy who is 4 months old and he has just

Customer Question

I have a Cavapoo puppy who is 4 months old and he has just picked up an M&M chocolate peanut off the floor and eaten it before I could get it off him - it was only 1. Will this be OK as I understand chocolate is not good for dogs. He is a Hoover, everything from the garden or indoors is fair game.
Regards
Carol
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question Carol. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today.

Carol, you are right toxic is chocolate to dogs. But, it is very dose dependent; 1 single M&M is not going to be toxic for your puppy, Teddie is going to be fine. No symptoms expected.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service, I am happy to address follow-up questions. P
lease do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome.