Rebecca
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian for more than 30 years
11877925

AFTER CHANGING MY DOG TO A WHEAT FREE GLUTTON FREE DOG FOOD,

Customer Question

AFTER CHANGING MY DOG TO A WHEAT FREE GLUTTON FREE DOG FOOD, CHICKEN FOOD NAME IS***** TO FIVE FORMED POOS A DAY HE IS VERY ACTIVE AND SEEM OK, IS THIS NORMAL.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.
Rebecca :

Rebecca :

Thank you for your question about your Labrador.

Rebecca :

My name is***** am a veterinarian, and will do my best to help.

Rebecca :

If the stools are formed, and he is not vomiting, this might be normal.

Rebecca :

How much are you feeding? More is a fairly calorie dense food, more caloried in a cup that some other foods, so he might just be getting more that he needs to eat per day.

Rebecca :

I would think an average sized Lab, that is getting a fair amount of exercise would need about 2 cups per day of More.

Rebecca :

I hope you can see what I am writing!

Rebecca :

I am not seeing responses from you. I hope this live chat is working for you.

Rebecca :

I will try to connect with you another way, if I do not hear from you soon.

JACUSTOMER-cor4ejo1- :

HIS COAT HAS IMPROVED SINCE USING THIS FOOD I WAS MAINLY WORRIED ABOUT THE POOING

Rebecca :

Yes, it is a good food.

Rebecca :

The amount of stool may be normal, or he may be getting more food than he needs. How many cups of More a day does he get?

JACUSTOMER-cor4ejo1- :

TWO CUPS AND TWO OR THREE KELTIE BISCUITS FOR HIS TEETH I ALSO GIVE HIM A A CARROT NOW AND AGAIN.

Rebecca :

That sounds about right. Is he a good healthy weight?

Rebecca :

If his weight and coat are good, he is not overweight, not having diarrhea, then I would keep doing what you are doing.

JACUSTOMER-cor4ejo1- :

APPROX 26KG

Rebecca :

If there is any fiber in the Keltie biscuits, along with the fiber in the carrot, that can increase stool volume.

Rebecca :

Is he a healthy weight, not overweight? Can you feel his ribs without pushing at all?

Rebecca :

At 26 KG he may be lean, or could be overweight, depending on the size of his frame.

JACUSTOMER-cor4ejo1- :

I WILL CHECK THE FIBRE HE IS THE PERFECT SHAPE IN AT THE BACK YES YOUCAN FEEL HIS RIBS EASILY.

Rebecca :

Then I would continue doing what you are doing.

Rebecca :

If he his stools are formed, he is digesting the food. If he is in perfect shape, he is not getting too much food.

JACUSTOMER-cor4ejo1- :

THANK YOU VERY MUCH REBECCA I TEND TO PANIC ABIT AS I LOST A FANTASTIC LAB LAST YEAR HE WAS ONLY FOUR CANCER.

Rebecca :

I am sorry to hear that. My condolences.

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience: Veterinarian for more than 30 years
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the great rating.
Rebecca
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what information do you need.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.
I was saying thank you, ***** ***** only chose to send it as an answer, or an Info Request. I sent it as the info request, so you would not be prompted to rate me again.
Whenever you contact me, the website wants me to respond, so this will be another info request, but you can just ignore it unless you have any other questions.
Rebecca