Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

We have a 9 yr old collie being treated for arthritis. She

Customer Question

We have a 9 yr old collie being treated for arthritis. She has been taking Loxicom, metacam & gabapentin. Now however if she moves her hind quarters she starts squealing & yelping with painl. Is there an out of hrs vet in this area - Blackfordby, Derbyshire? Lezley
Category: Dog
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Lezley,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 years ago.
Good morning Lesley. I am Dr Loretta and would like to help. I do not know of any after hours vet that can help you but if the anti inflammatory medications are not enough to help your sweet Lara with her arthritis, there are other medications that may help. One is Tramadolnwhich is a strong pain reliever or Fentanyl patches that are very strong. Depending on the arthritis, steroids can be very helpful. When you find a vet that can help,mask them about these medications to get your Lara past this.
Sincerely, ***** *****
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience: 25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your help. We will certainly talk to the vet about these other medications when we take Lara to be examined again. Lezley

EXcellent , Lezley....good for you! I know this will help your sweet Lara.

Thank you so much , Lezley, for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. I hope Lara feels better soon!

Have a wonderful day!