Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Is restandol poisonous to dogs.

Is restandol poisonous to dogs.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 2 years ago.
Scott Nimmo :

Hello and welcome.

My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon, I will be very pleased to work with you today and I will try my best to answer to your question to your satisfaction. However to enable me to do so with accuracy I need a little more information, so before we start can you please answer the following ...

1. Please tell me more about your situation, did the dogs just get access to one tablet by accident?

Then please give me ten minutes or so to think through your particular problem, prepare an answer, and then type things up. I will then get back to you and we can then talk things over.

However if you prefer I am also able to speak to you directly by telephone or by other means, please let me know if this is more suitable for you. { There is a small extra charge for this }

Regards,

Scott

Customer:

17 tablets are missing. I have a cocker spaniel and jack russel cross. I went out at 315pm and came back at 900pm. They are behaving normally at the minute.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Why has the chat ended i replied to your question

Hello again and thanks for waiting.I have worked out an answer for you, please read it through and see what you think. 1. It is now too late to recover the Restandol by inducing vomiting so all you can do is to sit things out and see what happens, there would be no specific antidote for overdose of this sort of drug. 2. Restandol is human testosterone replacement and my previous experience is that these will have little effect on dogs even if a few have been swallowed on a one off basis. You may see a mild transient gastroenteritis but that's about it. 3. Of course you should keep a good eye on your dogs and contact an ER vet without delay if any odd symptoms do occur but this will be unlikely.I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.Regards,Scott
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much for your advice

No problem, very glad to have advised you...
Regards,
Scott