Dr. Kara
Dr. Kara, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian.
49838867

my dog is on clavudale is it ok to give her serene-um calm

my dog is on clavudale is it ok to give her serene-um calm tablets as she is terrified of fireworks
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Kara replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** and I have over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian. I understand that you want to make sure that there are no interactions between Clavudale ( amoxicillin and clavulanic acid containing antibiotic) and serene-um (a homeopathic calming agent).
Looking at the the ingredients in Serene-um, which includes vitamins B-3 and B-6, vitamin D-3, vitamin E, calcium, Inositol, Taurine, L-tryptophan, zinc, selenium and calcium I don't see anything that will interact with Clavudale. You should be able to give both things at the same time with no loss of efficacy for either one.
Please let me know if you have any further questions.