Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

weepy glassy eyes, excessive panting. lethargic. very weak.

Customer Question

weepy glassy eyes, excessive panting. lethargic. very weak. small lumps under skin. shaking ,occasional wimpering
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 years ago.
Aloha! You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. While her symptoms are important, the most significant finding is the small lumps under her skin which suggest an urticarial reaction (hives) - a hypersensitivity to a food, drug, vaccine, envenomation, plant, environmental allergen such as pollen, mold, dust, or dust mites, etc,, and even environmental variables such as temperature and humidity.

If this is the case, she's likely to remiss unaided within 36 hours. Administering an antihistamine such as Piriton (chlorpheniramine) at a dose of 8mg should be helpful. In severe cases, I'll administer an antihistaminc glucocoricosteroid such as prednisone.

If you've already had her attended to, please contact***@******.*** to have your deposit refunded. You should have been contacted earlier. I came online to find your question languishing and felt that you deserved the courtesy of a reply.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

She can hardly move now,. she's been up all night and can hardly turn around and is reluctant to walk .still eating and drinking normally she's not itching. when she stands she cant get any momentum to walk.

Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 9 years of experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you.

I am assuming that the lumps under the skin that you are talking about are more like fatty cysts or wart-like growth that have been there a while, is that accurate? Can you tell me what color her gums are- nice and pink, or pale and white?